Thursday 11 July 2013

The Long And Winding Road


I am not usually one for making predictions, but it does not seem that Patch 5.4 is far away from plopping on our computers. Last night I received a update to the Launcher and the PTR testings are moving at breakneck speed.

Patch 5.3 was light in content and it seems odd to say that we are probably ready for the next instalment. I am in no rush for the new Raid, even if I am looking forward to trampling on Garrosh Hellscream's ugly mug. Part of me wants him chopped up and fed to the dogs, the other half the sensible Real Life part of me wants to see face a War Crimes Tribunal along with Tony Blair and George Dubya Bush.

The following is from a recent Queue in WoW Insider:

"Jalamenos asked:Might have been mentioned somewhere but I was just wondering if the whole Barrens campaign will still be there in 5.4 or is it a one-patch thing?

A. It appears it's being removed in 5.4. If you wanna do it, do it now!"


I know I am rather sad and have already written way too much about the Battlefield: Barrens, but I like it. There is a guaranteed reward for my efforts and after last night I will settle for anything that bypasses the RNG Gods. I am nearly finished on my current crop of level 90's, but I have a desire to complete my fullhouse of max level characters. (Gratz to the Grumpy ELF on completing this task).

This is definitely a route that I would want to take for my last few characters and besides what person would turn down iLevel 502 Boots for such a small amount of work.

If Patch 5.4 is due at the end of August (rough guess), then I really need to get a wriggle on. Just out of curiosity why can't more items and gear be Account Bound? I have done the work, does it really matter which character did the grind. I know that Blizzard has moved a huge distance compared to it's old standpoint of BoE and BoP, but the game has changed and it is about the person behind the avatar, not the individual avatars that we control. This way I would be able to farm on a Hunter or AoE grind on my Blood DK and my little healers who like to hide at the back of the party can collect their one set of gear. In fact why have we still got multiple gear for different specs. Why can't my DK plate be dodge and parry when in Blood spec and Hit and Expertise when Unholy or Frost? It can be controlled easily enough with a Passive Talent and if I remember correctly Shaman had a conversion from Spirit to Hit.

Another announcement from Blizzard, this time confirming the use of In Game Store for the Asian Realms, one little snippet from Bashiok caught my eye:

"First, we'll be testing the in-game store with some new kinds of items we're looking into introducing (in Asian regions, at the outset) based on player feedback: specifically, an experience buff to assist with the leveling process, as well as an alternate way to acquire Lesser Charms of Good Fortune. We've had a lot of requests from players in different regions for convenience-oriented items such as these, and as with other new ideas we've introduced as WoW has evolved-including Pet Store pets, mounts, and more-your feedback plays a hugely important part in determining what we add to the game."

We already kind of knew about the store and the XP boost potion, but why do they need an alternate way to acquire Lesser Charms of Good Fortune? All my maxed level characters get a a regular run out these days, and since the change to the charms dropping off any level 90 mobs, I have had to employ a squire on all my characters to carry the bloody things. Here is a clue, hit something and make sure it is level 90. I know we all play the same game but in different ways but I am amazed that this is considered to be an issue. If Blizzard can make money selling these things then I take my hat off to them, but if not, please devote some resources to fixing queue times for LFR instead.

On a slightly different rambling topic sort of way, I witnessed first hand the effects of the Pandaria stat inflation. The picture below shows what Oondasta used to do to brave adventurers.


One patch later and it is a picnic in the park, I am guessing one more expansion and a DK will solo this baby. Any way if they have my luck there will be bugger all loot on him anyway.

Whilst waiting for the Sha of Bugger All, (not even sure why I bothered with this boss) somebody spotted a couple of Zandalari Warscouts and Warbringers. Now I have never bothered to check these mobs out, but I like what they have on the loot table. Somebody in the Raid group said everybody Need, and the response from one of the others was, "what the hell do you want that crap for anyway?".


Personally I was thinking this is awesome, I could cap the rep on my alts in no time at all. Thinking about this rationally, I have a newly specced indestructible DK Tank and a fat lot of loot that I can share, Bind on Account with all my team. This would scratch several itches at the same time and it would be far more rewarding than doing the World Bosses and hopefully I should be able to go back to doing solo activities. (not that kind of solo activity, you all have such filthy minds).




No comments:

Post a Comment