Monday 30 April 2012

No Heavy Petting


Children's Week is here, and with this particular holiday comes a plethora of pets to obtain. From Azeroth there is Mr Wiggles, Scooter the Snail, Seedy the Turtle, and Whiskers the Rat. From The Outlands Egbert, Legs, Peanut, and Willy. Finally from Northrend there is Curious Oracle Hatchling, and Curious Wolvar Pup.

Over the years I have dipped in and out of these seasonal activities. This year I saw the opportunity to bag myself some pets and some achievements at the same time. First up was Veteran Nanny, for picking up the third of my Outland pets, the missing piece was the Elekk Training Collar. From Stormwind I collected Whiskers the Rat and from Northrend I picked up the Curios Wolvar Pet. I have done the Oracle quest twice by accident in previous years.

This activity left me two pets short of the Menagerie achievement. The cheapest Auction House options were Mechanopeep and one of the many Hatchlings. This obviously leads to receiving the Brilliant Kaliri, and a Guildy informing me of Lil' Taregosa which I had no idea was available from the Guild Vendor. I am now sat on 127 Companion pets, but I am unlikely to pursue the the next 23 until the Pandafest makes hundreds more available.

The thing I can't understand is why I feel the need to collect these pets. I very rarely get the pets out and seem only to collect for the sake of the achievement. I get the feeling I am going to end up doing Pokewow for the same reason, but at least I will have plenty of pets to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment